Sunday, July 4, 2010

H is for Headboards

The ABC’s of window treatments

Upholstered headboards are not window treatments but bedding is something that I make so I’m going to include them in my alphabet series. 

I just finished the headboard for my guest room, it’s covered in a pvc fabric and has nickel nail heads that measure 13/16”.   There’s a close up of the fabric in my Fabricut post.

The mirror over the bed was made from a sculptured sunburst I found at Home Goods and spray painted silver then added an automotive mirror from Auto Zone.

DSC_0110

I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you.  The headboard below has a simple curved shape and tufting.

HBdp2

                                                                    Image via Decor Pad

I thought this shape was really unusual, it’s simple but has a big impact.

HBdecorpad

                                          Image via Deco Pad

My friend Sarah at StoriBook Designs is getting ready to make this headboard with scroll cutouts, can’t wait to see hers !

headboardHB

                                                      Image via House Beautiful

This one has a very gentle curve and two rows of contrast cording.

headboardlotusblue

                              Image via Lotus Blue

Fabrics can be solid, geometric or floral, there’s a shape for every fabric design.

headboardS&L

                            Image via Serena and Lily

This is an upholstered bed that I’ll be making for a client next week, I’ll post pics once it’s finished.

headboardcm2

To see more of my headboards and instructions, go HERE

I’ll be posting over at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.

MetaMonday

15 comments:

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

You know I love upholstered headboards. I'm having one done for a client right now...gently curved with nail heads. It should be ready next week..can't wait to see. Your work looks so beautiful. wish (again) that you were closer to me and my clients!

Annesphamily said...

I love Sarah's headboard, those curves are gorgeous not to mention the color! What great headboards you have here! Anne

Design Esquire said...

You work is so gorgeous! I want to make an upholstered headboard for my master -- but it won't turn out as good as your's!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love these, Tammy! Some of the really curvy ones are my favorite. Yours turned out wonderfully and I love the mirror you made over it. Auto Zone, huh?

bluehydrangea said...

Your headboard looks great! And that mirror is fabulous!! Weren't you smart to get a mirror from the auto store?! I will have to remember that trick!

Andrea said...

You know Im a big fan of upholstered headboards. Im still waiting on mine! Yours looks amazing, what a great job! I hope you had a nice weekend!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You really did a great job on the headboard for your guest room! I'm going to make one for my master bedroom soon!

Maria Killam said...

Hey great pic, I don't remember seeing it before!! Okay, what a fabulous idea for the sunburst mirror--you are so creative Tammy!

Karen said...

You are so talented. I love upholstered headboards. The other night my husband and I were watching an old episode of Mad Men and I was practically drooling over the headboard in one of the character's rooms.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

These are some dreamy headboards! I totally need to make one for my own home.

I make them for others all the time I can't believe I don't have one for myself.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

aahhhh. i loooove this post. headbaords are my FAVE!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Looks great. I really love the tuffed ones. I once heard that every room needs a bit of tuff...

Unknown said...

I just love upholstered headboards. They are so much better all the way around compared to a wood or iron bed!!

Amy Chalmers said...

Tammy, so nice to meet you. I love your blog. This is so clever having an alphabetized feature of things from thewindow treatment how did you find my blog? Thank you for your comment on which blog header to choose. I am leaning your way!!

Unknown said...

I love upholstered headboards! These are such great examples and you are incredibly talented!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin