Monday, November 1, 2010

M is for M’Fay Patterns

The ABC’s of window treatments

I make a lot of my own patterns but when I want something different I like to use M’Fay patterns.  Their full size patterns are on durable white paper with detailed step-by-step instructions. Alteration instructions, yardage guides, fabric suggestions and workroom hints are also included.

This photo shows one of their drapery swags made by Rebecca Rumpf of Custom Interiors by Rebecca.  I love how the swag is pointed and has little bells on the sides.

draperyswag

This Parisian swag made by Interiors by Kelli is simple and elegant.  The edges are slightly scalloped and the center is raised to draw the eye up.

                                                                                                                                                       

raisedswag 

Barbara Erwin made this fun Moroccan valance in a black and white check with a large banding of black to accentuate the shape.  This would look great in a kitchen or laundry room.

moroccanval

                           You can get creative and add layers too.

moroccanMfay

London shades are really popular right now and this one by Donna Migdal at DM Drapery and Design is a great example of pattern placement.  You can also have a contrast fabric inside the pleats.

londonshade

                                                       All photos from M’Fay

M’Fay is a great resource for my fellow seamstresses both professional and beginner. 

Don’t own a sewing machine ? Don’t know how to sew but want to have beautiful window coverings that make you smile ?  Send me an email !

9 comments:

Design Esquire said...

What beautiful images! I always get so much inspiration from you.

I hope you had a nice Halloween!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Thank you and yes I did. I saw your pillows, they look great !

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

wow, those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm always in awe of the skill that it takes to put intricate treatments like these together and have them come out looking so great! Happy Monday, Tammy...

Anonymous said...

That MFay site is wonderful Tammy...and I love the little watercolors!
You do learn something new every day: I had no idea all this existed: so many...possibilities!

Unknown said...

Rebecca's designs are always elegant and stunning!! I love all the treatments but that first one is such a show-stopper!!

Maria Killam said...

Those are such great inspiration images! Love them!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

These are beautiful dear Tammy...thanks for the inspiration!

Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend, cheers: Evi

Unknown said...

I truly appreciate the fact that all sewing workrooms have the patience and ability to sew incredible art. I would never be able to sit there and make draperies or even pillows! Not to mention anything I tried to make would not look like that! Great post Tammi!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin