Sunday, April 11, 2010

Window Treatment Ideas

Many of you have challenging window configurations and aren't sure how to treat them.  The window below is one example of a wall of windows with a door on the end that needs to function.   Notice the window butts to the wall on the left, leaving no room for a finial. 


My client did not need privacy and just wanted decorative panels at the window so we decided to leave the door untreated so they could still access the sunroom.  We opted  use decorative end caps on the outsides and finials on the insides with individual short 2" diameter wood poles instead of one long pole.


These panels are topped with a tabbed, jagged edged valance that is attached to a wood pole. Wooden beaded fringe accentuates the bottom of the valance and the tiebacks. This is how the valance looks before mounting ..............


Here's a close up of the after.............


Hopefully this gives some of you some ideas.  I love sharing solutions to window dilemmas.

I've started tweeting so I'd love for you to click on the little blue bird on the right if you tweet too !  We can twit together.



17 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Wow!! Beautiful job! Just love the trim!

love, kelee

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I have a similar treatment in my bedroom...love the short rods!

Denise said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Just started following. Found you through The Stories of A to Z. Love your Blog:)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Those are just beautiful! Great job on these. I wish I was brave enough to try something like this. Gorgeous color and I love the trim!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful window treatments and great solution, Tammy!

Allison Shops said...

Beautiful. Love the trim.

Allison

Crafty Sisters said...

Gorgeous! I would love some just like that...now if I could only sew like you! :)

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I just came upon your blog today while checking out Metamorphosis Monday. I too do drapery fabrication and have owned and operated my workroom going on 21 years now. I love finding others that do what we do as there are not many of us around.

helenabelle said...

That fabric is lovely! You did a fantastic job and I just know that everyone was pleased. :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Soooo PRETTY...luv the trim! Hope you have a FUN week:)

Blessings,
Linda

I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job! very pretty drapes and valances.

Annie Davis said...

Good solution to a very common problem, Tammy! Looks great!

Karen said...

That is a tricky situation there. Luckily privacy wasn't so much an issue for her. The finished product looks great Tammy.

Maria Killam said...

That was a great solution, I have a huge dilemma with a client right now, gorgeous windows that cannot be covered without killing the look! So far I'm going to show up with a channel rod that can be attached to the ceiling and hopefully that will work. . .

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Beautiful job dear Tammy! Love your choice :-)

Hope your week is lovely so far!

Walt & Nancie said...

Just found this and love it. I have a wall of windows (slightly different heights) with a view which I only want to accent, not hide. However with high ceilings and tile floors, I need something to absorb the sound. Question... is there a solid panel piece behind the valance? I can't tell. It looks like the short rod is holding just the valance... how is the panel incorporated?

Tammy@InStitches said...

The panels are gathered onto a curtain rod which is mounted right underneath the valance/wood pole.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin