Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Decorating

It’s finally starting to feel like fall in NC……… well kinda.  I haven’t had to use the heat or air conditioner in about 2 weeks ! 
I don’t do a lot of fall decorating, but here’s what I’ve done so far, just the mantle and the sofa table.
DSC_0379[1]
DSC_0380[1]
I downloaded the skull and bat from The Graphics Fairy and printed it onto transfer paper.  Then I ironed them onto some scrap fabric and framed them in 5x7’s that I spray painted black.
DSC_0381[1]
You may recognize the urn and candlestick from a project I did last fall. The bat garland is by Martha Stewart from Michael’s.  (I had a 50% off coupon and had to buy something)
DSC_0382[1]
I wanted to make some spooky trees to go with the graveyard that I made last year.  A little spray paint, a trip to the dollar store and a walk outside…… super easy !
DSC_0384[1]
DSC_0375[1]
Sorry for so many pics but I’ve been playing around with my camera’s shutter speed and aperture settings and I needed a subject.
As much as I love the wall color (BM Dark Mustard)  in the fall and winter, I don’t think it will make it through another summer. 
Although, a cream slipcover for the sofa might make it bearable……….. thoughts ?
MetaMonday
I’m linking to BNOP Met Monday Party and The Stories of A to Z.

15 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You did a great job, Tammy! I really need to get busy on decorating my home for fall too!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

It looks great! I love the spooky trees, 'tis the season to do fun things around the house!

LDH said...

Lots of great fall decorating gong on here! The mantle is great ~ love the candy corn in the votive cup! You have a lovely room with perfect vignettes throughout!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I am loving your bat garland and your spooky tree! So, so cute! And I hear ya on the colors. My lower level will be getting a complete "lightening up" as soon as I find the time I never seem to have to repaint it. So yes, I think it would look good lightened up and in the meantime a slipcover might make you fall in love with it all over again!

aneyefordetail said...

Oh, I love that color! Really, looks great. But I agree, maybe a cream slip cover would help....

Sandra said...

I love the little bat garland...so cute. I am liking the branch trees all over blogland this year...I'll have to think about where to put one...thanks for the ideas.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

It all looks great! I made a spooky tree too and a neighbor down the street has one on her porch. I walked by and wondered if she was a blogger. :) I also had a 50% off coupon for Martha Stewart at Michael's. I wanted the bats. I get to Michael's and the coupon I printed had disappeared. Oh well. Maybe I can print another one. I like your wall color but I know what you mean about it feeling like a fall/winter color. Maybe changing the curtains to bright white in the spring/summer will help. I have white curtains up in my living room now and it really lightens it up. But now that it's fall, I'm longing for something more warm and cozy. :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love your Halloween decor! I love the tree and the garland on the fireplace - Really charming!I think the color on the wall is pretty- I would definitely think about trying the slipcover and see what you think before painting. I have a decorating inspiration party at my blog on Fridays if you would like to join in sometime! :)

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I think the mantel looks wonderful. I love that candy corn on the candlestick...too cute!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh so cute! i love fall decorating. this reminds me why. :)

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh so cute! i love fall decorating. this reminds me why. :)

sharon's decor said...

Feeling guilty. I have no decorations out yet! Yours are great! My l/r wall are similar - pumpkin spice - I also feel the need to go lighter.

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

You have the perfect wall color for fall decorating. I'm hoping you put together a Thanksgiving mantle now.

The Zhush said...

Great job on the fall and spooky decor! Very festive and pretty!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Karen's right. You DO have the perfect color for fall decorating. It's just so warm and cozy! I like your window treatments too...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin